Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Charleston Disclaimer

     Before I write about what we have been up to lately, I have to revisit my Charleston, SC blog.  My ever vigilant editor-in-chief and fact checker, Connie Jordan, correctly pointed out that the "first" First Baptist Church was not founded in Charleston at all, but rather in Providence, R.I. in 1638.  I mention this because I had been told that the historical tours offered in Charleston were very entertaining, but not always accurate, and I pretty much ignored that fact and accepted everything they said as the gospel truth--silly me.  My facts may be wrong, but everything else I wrote about Charleston is accurate--it is delightful and not to be missed.

This is the "real" first First Baptist Church, still serving the Providence, R.I. community.

1 comment:

  1. What a great start to your trip. Beautiful scenery and great adventures. We think about you often.


    -Chris and Penny

    ReplyDelete